Thursday, June 26, 2008

Revelation

I am writing this in the early summer of 2008. In the United States (note to posterity: I pray that you still know of such a place as you are reading this), we will elect a President in less than half a year. The two leading candidates are John McCain, who many people believe to be both ancient and evil, and Barack Obama, who is young, charismatic, and historic for his minority status. Obama's candidacy is being hailed as a shining moment in American politics and history, and as the bellwether of a better time for America--a time of prosperity and peace, where Americans will be involved in our civic life again, and we'll band together to fix the problems that we face.

But I believe that Obama holds a terrible secret within his breast. And if we were to elect him, we would be placing at the helm of our nation something much older, and much fouler, than John McCain. An evil that knows not and cares not about America. An evil that saw the world born, and will in all likelihood see it destroyed. Barack Obama is a member of the Cult of Cthulhu, a follower of a nefarious and horrible Elder God that will devour all mankind.

Doing research for the summer in my university's library (I dare not say its name for risk of exposing myself to greater danger than I do by writing this), I discovered a volume I should never have read, and now spend every moment wishing I hadn't. The visions that haunt my nightmares all seem to connect to Senator Obama -- they spin around him like water circling a drain. I do not sleep at night -- instead I try to untangle this puzzle. I only hope that I can find the answer before November, and if I'm right, stop Obama from becoming President and awakening his evil Lord from where he sleeps, deep beneath the waves.